Time Saver: Bulk preparation
Homemade Formula in just 10-15 min per day!
By following these guidelines, your formula ingredients will be pre-measured and ready to go from the freezer for a couple months.
- Ice cube trays filled with whey (buy from farm or make at home from yogurt), 2 TBSP per cube. Frozen, then popped and stored in plastic ziploc bag in freezer, ready to toss in recipe.
- Ice cube trays filled with cream from raw milk dairy, 2 Tbsp per cube. Frozen, then popped and stored in plastic ziploc bag in freezer
- Ice cube trays filled with 2 tsp coconut oil, 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tsp expeller-expressed sunflower oil, 1 tsp Cod Liver Oil. Once frozen, pop them into a ziploc bag in freezer.
- Two cups filtered, boiled water in small stainless steel saucepan on stove, medium heat
- Remove 2 TBSP water from pan
- Stir in 2 tsp gelatin, whisk until dissolved
- Stir in 4 TBSP lactose, whisk until dissolved
- Stir in 2 tsp nutritional yeast, whisk
- Turn off heat, throw in 2 cubes whey, 1 cube mixed oils, whisk often while preparing blender ingredients
- In blender, 2 cups raw milk
- Add 1/4 tsp acerola, blend gently
- Add 1/4 tsp probiotic (bifidum infantis), blend gently
- Once cubes are dissolved in water, give a final good whisk, then
- Pour into blender while blending gently.
- Pour into glass Pyrex measuring cup (can’t pour into bottles directly from blender spills too much).
- Pour into glass baby bottles as soon as possible before separation occurs.